Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gym equipment wish list


Gymnastics rings
These arrived today, they were my fathers day present for 2012. They are ideal for dips and ring rows. Ultimately I want to be able to do ring muscle ups.

Cost: approximately $40
9kg medicine ball
I am looking to buy a medicine ball from someone on ebay next pay. The 9kg (20lb) is the standard weight for 10ft wall balls in a CrossFit workout.

Cost: approximately $45
Pull up bar
I have drawn up some plans to make the rig out of 50mm galvanized pipe bolted to the wall and floor of the shed. Pull up bars are incredibly versatile for lots of upper body and gymnastic work.

Cost: unknown
3 in 1 20"/24"/28" box jump
This is the design used in the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games. I have some rough plans for building one of these out of 3/4" ply wood. Box jumps and any number of variations are great for building explosive power in the legs.

Cost: unknown

Tractor tyre
I plan to find a rural tyre outlet and ask if they have any second hand tractor tyres or if they could source one for me. I honestly have no idea what it would cost to buy. Flipping tyres is great fun and a killer whole body workout, the tyre is also good to hit with a sledge hammer.

Cost: unknown

Rubber floor matting
In an ideal world I would like to cover the entire floor of my gym in these rubber floor tiles, but in reality I would be happy to tile a smaller section where I usually use the barbell. These mats are also great at making ground exercises like burpees and push ups a little more comfortable.

Cost: expensive

1 comment:

  1. Fitness and Exercise fitness equipment manufacturers. Here is a short list of many of the significant and well known manufacturers of exercise and fitness equipment.

    ReplyDelete